Ever feel like pulling an MP3 file out of a YouTube video so you can put the music on your iPod or MP3 player? Replay Media Catcher from Applian Technologies helps you convert FLV to MP3 files quick and easy. Use Replay Media Catcher to download a video from YouTube and extract the MP3 and its music content.
You’ll get all the musical content in a file that’s easy to use in situations where don’t have — or need — video capability. Like when the video sucks!
The demo version allows you to download 100% of YouTube videos and 75% of media files from other sites.
Here’s how it’s done:
Tutorial on How to Convert FLV to MP3 Files
- Go grab a copy of Replay Media Catcher.
- Open the program. Go ahead and click “Download Music and Video as it plays in your browser.”
- Next you’ll see the main window of Replay Media Catcher. If you see a red “Off” button, click it and Replay Media Catcher will go on alert to start recording. The “Off” button will toggle to a green “On” button. will turn from green to red. This let’s you know it is ready to start grabbing videos.
- Go to the site you want to capture from and play the video – in this case a YouTube video. Once the video starts it will appear in the list like this, probably fully recorded before it has finished playing.
- Before doing anything else at this point, hit Replay Media Catcher’s “Library” tab, and under it you will see “No Conversion Setting.” Go to “Formats,” then “MP3,” and finally click on “Extract Audio to MP3.”
- Now you can find the video icon in the library, where you can right click on the file and choose “Rename” and/or “Edit Tag Info” to rename the file. But the main thing at this point is to convert FLV to MP3 files so you can put them on your player. Click on the arrow at the right side of the song’s icon. When the pull-down menu appears, click on “Convert.”
- A new icon will appear, and the numbers at the bottom will show you the progress of the conversion, which will not take very long. The icon for both files will be the same, so you may want to rename one file. In some cases, the original video file may have no real video content other than a title that remains static during playback. After conversion, you may want to delete “no content” video files to save memory space.
- Double click on the icon to play — a sound control panel will appear at the bottom of your Replay Media Catcher window.
To see where your new file is located, just click on the icon’s down arrow and hit “Show in folder.”
So now that you know how to convert FLV Files to MP3 format, this is all you have to do:
- Visit the Applian Technologies Website
- Download Replay Media Catcher and start converting now