Webinars, or Web Seminars, have become a common way of sharing information over the internet without the skull-numbing boredom of a regular meeting, but many participants end the call only to find their memory of the event is less than crystal clear. No problem–it’s easy to download webinar software and learn how to record a webinar and play it back whenever you feel like it.
It’s pretty much as easy as getting a copy of Replay Video Capture from Applian Technologies before the webinar starts. Unless you have a time machine, it’s best to get the program up and running first.
Replay Video Capture can create high-quality videos from anything on your PC screen. These videos are saved as either high-speed MPEG-2 files or Windows Media video (WMV) files. Don’t worry about the difference — the program is quick to learn and easy to use.
Recording Presentations with Webinar Software
- Download and install Replay Video Capture.
- When you first open the program, it will ask you to set up the audio recording source. You will see a dialogue box. Click “Ok” to run the audio test. Click “test,” and the computer will find the appropriate audio source for you to use with your computer. Once you have run the test, you are ready to start using your webinar software for recording a webinar.
- When you open Replay Video Capture, it appears like this:
- Click Settings. The “Quick guide to recording” window opens to help you with settings.
- You can use this window or click “Don’t show this again” and move on to the Replay Video Capture Settings window. The Settings dialog appears:
- Since you are learning how to record a webinar – which usually does not involve a lot of motion — click on the “Recommended Settings” button and highlight “Movies, webinars, web videos (WMV)” and your video settings will be calibrated automatically.
- Now that your settings are adjusted, click to close the Settings window.
- Click on the “Mark Video Window” button on the blue Replay Video Capture window to outline the screen area you want to record, and a green sizing box will appear so that you can adjust to the size of the window where your webinar is playing. Click “Accept” on the upper left side of the viewing area when you’ve sized the recording area. (The smaller the region you record, the better the quality of your video.) Hit “Retry” if your sizing effort goes off the rails. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get it exactly the way you want it.
- Once the webinar is playing, you can click “Record” either in the sizing box over the recording area or on the Replay Video Capture window. For full screen recording, check the box next to “Full Screen” under “Recording Options” in the Settings dialogue box. Replay Video Capture’s status should show as “Recording” a second or two after you start the recording process.
- 10. When you want to stop recording, click the “Stop” button on the program window. You’ve learned how to record with webinar software.
If you forget to stop recording when the video is over, you will end up with a larger than necessary file that wastes a lot of space.
To recap, here’s what needs to happen to download webinar software for recording right now:
Visit the Replay Video Capture site.
Download a copy of the program so you know how to record a webinar before the next one comes along.