For anyone who needs a downloader to download videos from Imeem (now part of MySpace), here’s a short guide to downloading Imeem videos using Replay Video Capture from Applian Technologies.
Tutorial on Downloading Videos from Imeem
- The first thing you need to do is grab yourself a copy of Replay Video Capture. Just download it.
- Open the program, and you will see a Quick Guide window and the blue window of the program itself. The Quick Guide will help you get started, but you can click the “Don’t show this again” box once you get to know your way around the program.
- It’s worth noting that the guide’s “Recommended Settings” button gives a screen where you can make changes to adapt to the content you want to record and your computer’s processing capacity.
- After you hit “Get Video,” a green rectangle will appear that shows what part of your screen you’re recording. Here the rectangle is not lining up with the video.
- Use your cursor to drag the green lines until they contain the part of your screen with the video you want to record. It may take a few times to get the hang of it. If your video has been playing away during this process, just start it over after you hit the “Record” button.
- Once you start recording, you will see your content screened in Replay Video Capture’s blue window. Now you can download videos from Imeem! Remember to hit the “Stop” button when your video ends, or you will end up with a bunch of static stuff at the end of your recording. That’s not a big deal, since you can use a program like Applian’s Replay Media Splitter to chop off the excess.
- When the recording has stopped, hit Replay Video Capture’s “Play” button, and a window will pop up with your recording:
- If you want to change the video’s file name or convert it to another file format, just click on Replauy Video Capture’s “View” button to see your options. Here I’m changing the file name from the recording’s generic Imeem name.
So that’s it — now you know how to download videos from Imeem and play the recordings whenever you feel like it.
Nothing’s holding you back. Just take these two simple steps: