Have you ever been in a personal Skype conversation that was so juicy you wish there was some way to record your Skype yak sessions for later? Or maybe it was an international business call you made with Skype to avoid outrageous landline or cell charges – and now your recall of crucial details is more than a tad vague.
Fortunately, you can easily record Skype conversations with Applian Technologies’ Replay Telecorder for Skype. Making Skype recordings is slick and simple once you get your hands on the right software, a microphone, and a webcam.
If your PC doesn’t have a built-in microphone or webcam, you can find some great options here. And of course you must download and install Skype if you don’t already have it.
The article below explain how to record Skype with Replay Telecorder whenever you want to capture a conversation so you can review it at your leisure or just keep it for your records.
Note: Recording telephone calls without the consent or knowledge of both parties is illegal in some states and countries. It’s best to inform call participants of plans to record the conversation.
Here’s how to record Skype Calls with Replay Telecorder:
- Download and install Replay Telecorder for Skype.
- When you open Replay Telecorder for Skype in demo mode it looks like this:
- Click “Set Recording Folder” and choose where you want your recordings to be saved.
- Before you start recording your Skype conversations, you may need to adjust your Skype settings to ensure you get the best possible video/audio quality. Just go to Skype/Tools/Options. Adjust your audio settings (Some users find that calls work best when they uncheck the boxes marked “Automatically adjust … settings” for both microphone and speaker and then set appropriate recording levels. Users will need to determine what works best with their PC set-up). And don’t forget to adjust your video settings too. Be mindful that a Skype call may not sound good in the recording if Skype settings are not tested. For example, one party may be hard to hear in the recording even though the actual call went well for both participants. It’s a good idea to do a test recording call to make sure Skype has been tuned optimally.
- Place a Skype call. Once the call is placed, you can decide how you want to record it. Replay Telecorder for Skype has a drop down menu offering six different recording options: Audio Only, Picture-in-Picture, Side-by-Side, Local Webcam Only, Remote Webcam Only, and Two Separate Files.
- Choose the desired recording option and then click “Record.”
- Once your call is finished, click on “Stop.” The recordings will display in the user interface.
To play back your file, simply right click on the file and choose Play. Or double click on the file. You can also go to “Open Recording Folder” to access your recordings there.
All recorded files are saved as AVI files and are playable with Windows Media Player.
Replay Telecorder for Skype will record up to two minutes per call in demo mode. To purchase the program for unlimited recording, click on “Buy” in the user interface. The program retails for $29.95.
Make sure to let your friends know how easy it is to record Skype with Applian’s Replay Telecorder software.
Here’s a video demonstrating how easy it is to Record Skype Videos using Replay Telecorder:
Why wait to record Skype calls?
- Visit Applian Technologies
- Download Replay Telecorder for Skype now